Friday, May 27, 2011

Ugh.

These past couple of days haven't been very kind to me and my family. To start off, yesterday was a very emotional day. Sadie, our new puppy, came down with symptoms of parvo and unfortunately by the time I got her to the vet, it was just too late. She had to be put down. I only had her for two days and it was still just as heartbreaking to put a new pet down as if you were to put the dog you've had all your life down. She was a wonderful dog. So smart (she was SO close to being 100% housebroken!), sweet, calm, and full of love. It broke my heart to have to explain to C why Sadie wasn't at home. She asked a few times yesterday but I am pretty sure she's just too young to really understand what is going on.

The weather here has flip flopped and now its pretty unseasonably chilly. Just about everyone I know has some sort of congestion or cold going on. I've got some really annoying sinus congestion. C has some snot flow going, and poor A has a fever and some snot flow too. This weekend is a long weekend for most, just another weekend for us. I will spend this Memorial Day weekend cleaning up my house, doing laundry, babying my sick baby, and possibly going to a BBQ tomorrow (pending on how A is feeling). I hope you all have a nice holiday weekend and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment