Friday, May 20, 2011

Daddy Movie

Yesterday we got a DVD that R recorded at the USO before he went back overseas after R&R. The USO has a program called United Through Reading and it was because of this program that my kiddos now have a wonderful DVD of their daddy reading them the exact books that we received in the package (with personalized notes written inside each book). C has watched this DVD close to 30 times since we got it yesterday. She calls it her "Daddy Movie" and loves waving to him and just soaking up every little thing he says. She truly is a daddy's girl and I know she misses him so much. A was sleeping in the swing for most of the movie but woke up and just watched her daddy on the tv. Even though she only met her daddy for the first time when she was 10 weeks old, she instantly bonded to him. No matter what, he could look at her and she would just giggle. It warmed my heart to watch the two of them bond.

I loved watching their "daddy movie" as well. He was very soft-spoken while recording and struggled a little bit through some of the little bit more difficult words. Being the perfectionist that I am, I knew what words he was struggling with (mainly 'saguaro') and would say the words out loud as if he could hear me correcting him. In the DVD, he told me to hush after such incident of struggling. When I watched the movie for the first time I just about died laughing! He knows me so well he knew I was going to say the word! For a moment it felt like he was sitting across the room from me instead of thousands of miles away. Every time we watch the movie, it still makes me smile.

I am thankful that my kids have this movie of their daddy that they can watch, but I'm still sad that they have to be without him for so long. I know I miss him so much every single day, but I can't imagine how they must feel missing their daddy. So if your husband, fiance, or significant other is home with you... please give them a hug. Enjoy them. I would travel thousands of miles and give up everything just to be able to feel my husband's embrace.

We love you honey. Stay safe and come home to your girls. ♥

1 comment:

  1. this is such a sweet thing, you are so strong when I couldn't be, it is amazing what we take for granted, you must be so so proud of your husband and I thank you and your family for doing what you are doing, b/c its not just your husband dedicating himself, its all of you at home as well!

    ReplyDelete