Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Social Disconnect

Lately I've been wanting to withdraw myself from the social world, whether it's facebook, blogging, face-to-face contact, etc... I just want to crawl into a little hole with my girls and BE. I miss my husband. He should be home with us and watching his girls grow. Instead he has to experience some firsts via computer screen or not at all. I know he signed up for it and I'm backing him 120%. It doesn't make it any easier to be apart from him for 245 days so far.

I wanted to deactivate my facebook because honestly I got tired of people griping and whining about their husband being gone for a night or working late. Normally I don't mind it, when I was just living a civilian life I may have (and probably did) complain about my husband not being home in a timely manner, etc. It's just lately I miss my husband, my daughters miss their daddy, and I'm tired of people complaining that they aren't getting to see their husbands for a couple extra hours (or days).

So instead of making a rash action, I simply shut off my laptop (after talking to my husband) and left it off. I snuggled, played, talked, watched movies, and just enjoyed my girls. I also got to take a little nap with A on the couch while C was watching a movie. It was a mental reboot. I'm feeling much better and more confident about tackling the social world.

If you are reading this and have vented about anything I mentioned above about your spouse, know that I'm not talking about anyone or anything in particular. I'm not upset with anyone, it's just been a couple difficult deployment days. :)

In other news... we're down to double digits until he comes home! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment